When you’re trying to choose the best mortgage broker for the purchase of a home or to refinance your current home, it’s imperative that you find someone who puts your best interests first. So how can you tell if a mortgage broker puts your interests ahead of theirs? Here are 7 ways you can tell if they do.
7 Ways to Tell
- They ask the right questions in order to assess your needs – despite the fact that you’ll probably ask a lot of questions during your consultation, it’s just as important for them to ask you questions as well. This is the only way they’ll be able to understand your specific needs.
- They explain your options and the financial ramifications of each one – mortgage brokers who truly care about your interests will take as much time as is necessary in order to thoroughly explain the details of the long and short-term financial ramifications of your different loan options.
- They go above and beyond to find the right solution – the right mortgage broker won’t give up because they encounter any obstacles. They’ll keep working on it until they find the right lending product that best suits your needs. They know that sometimes you have to go that extra mile for client satisfaction and that is their goal.
- They pay attention to what you want and what you don’t want – they really should listen when explaining your homebuyer or homeowner goals. Furthermore, they should echo back what you’ve said so you’re assured that they understand why this is very important to you.
- They will always be patient and understanding – the mortgage broker you decide to work with will never be impatient or pressure you into making a hasty decision. If you keep asking questions, they need to answer everyone and not try to move on before you’re ready to do so.
- They will give you transparent answers to your questions – if a mortgage broker avoids answering you directly or beats around the bush, they probably won’t have your best interests in mind. When you ask questions, they should always be honest, even if they tell you something you didn’t want to hear.
- You’ll have a great experience with the right mortgage broker – finally, another way to determine if your mortgage broker has your best interests in mind is to read customer feedback or online reviews about their experience with that broker.
Buy a Home or Refinance in Fort Lauderdale
For more information about choosing the right mortgage broker for your home loan or refinance, call Florida State Mortgage Group, Inc. at (954) 359-3000 today. Their experts are available to take your calls and discuss your case in detail. Call them today!